Saturday, April 21, 2007

Back to Work Blahs

So I finally went back to work after having, for all intents and purposes, five weeks sick leave and I've got to say it was .... tiring. My work day starts anywhere between 6:00 and 6:30 am and ends between 5:00 and 5:30 pm - not counting the drive time both ways. Needless to say I sorely missed my afternoon naps!

Overall I'm glad to get back to work as it's a return to the "normal" and a milestone in the healing process. Now I just need to concentrate on letting the jaws heal enough so I can start working on the "widening process" and, before you know it, I'll be back to a normal diet.

Speaking of normal diets ... I finally managed to eat something other than soups, Boost, and smoothies last night. I cooked up some Lipton Creamy Chicken Pasta Sides and boy was it good! Of course, I had to use a baby spoon and sort of suck the pasta into my mouth but it was SOOOO worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, real food at last! I am so happy for you! Our stupid internet has been down for several days again so I haven't been able to write. Glad to see all is coming back to normal. I have been busy trying to get things ready for my absence from work, it is almost not worth being out! I am really tired so I am hitting the sack. Love ya lots!

Mary said...

Hey Bill, I had the going back to work blues too! Its tough physically especially when we aren't so young any more. And it hurts to talk. And then this was your 2nd surgery! It does get better and better with the eating with time. You'll be eating "normal" in no time. Mary

Maggie said...

The pastas sound yummy! Your work day sounds so terribly long. I work probably as many hours but at least I don't have to be physically at the office for 12 hours a day. Take it easy as much as you can - and I hope you heal nicely. :)